Generations of engineering excellence – The history of Richard Wilson Dencol (RWD)
Established in 1946 by entrepreneur Richard Wilson, RWD started dealing in the provision of flame-proof equipment, pumps and motors. Twenty years later in 1967, Richard’s two sons, Dennis and Colin joined the company. By 1974 the business was incorporated and became known as RWD – Richard Wilson (Dencol) Limited and grew into a leading supplier of refurbished power equipment.
In 1990 Dennis Wilson’s son, Simon Wilson, joined the business and just three years later RWD’s battery charger division was created. By the end of the 1990s, Colin Wilson’s daughter, Erika, had become yet another family member to join the business RWD has been a leading supplier of re-engineered distribution transformers and switchgear until May 2011 when it became part of Wilson Power Solutions Ltd.